TGI Rallies to Support YAI
On Saturday, June 4, TGI once again participated in the Central Park Challenge to help change lives for people with developmental disabilities and their families. TGI employees as well as friends, family and clients donated $11,335! The entire event raised $610,616. Team TGI came in 6th place for Top Fundraisers. We appreciate your help! By supporting the 2016 Central Park Challenge, you are providing critical funds that benefit everyone YAI supports.
For nearly 60 years, YAI has been helping people with intellectual and developmental disabilities achieve their fullest life possible. Our 4,500 dedicated employees provide a variety of programs and services all aimed at creating new opportunities for living, loving, working and learning:
- Residential. Safe, comfortable group residences and supported living arrangements give people the chance to live independently while receiving the services they need.
- Day Services. ommunity-based day programs teach and reinforce important life skills and help improve basic functioning.
- Health. Comprehensive health care specially designed for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities includes evaluation, mental health, rehabilitation, nutrition and other services.
- Employment Pre-vocational training and job placement services help people prepare for and find employment in their communities.
- Education. Specially trained teachers and therapists provide students who have a broad range of needs and learning styles with encouragement, support, skills and opportunities to develop academically and socially.
- Social Life & Recreation. Socialization and recreation programs provide new opportunities for travel, vacation, camp, ballet, yoga—all specially designed for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Thank you to everyone who participated and joined the team! Click here to learn more about the event.
Visit TGI’s Facebook page to see pictures from this years event and years prior! Be sure to like YAI & TGI on facebook to stay up-to-date on community news.