Humble Beginnings – How TGI Started
In 1964, one year prior to the invention of the compact disk, TGI Office Automation (then T&G Industries) was born in a humble brownstone on the then hardscrabble streets of Brooklyn, NY. Two partners set out to earn an honest living with a $500 loan from their grandmother selling copy paper and office supplies. From those humble beginnings TGI has grown into one of the most successful business technology providers in the US offering equipment, solutions and service nationwide. And although our organization has grown in leaps and bounds, we’ve never lost touch with the old neighborhood. Our state-of-the-art headquarters and cutting edge technology portal is located less than a mile away from that same humble brownstone constantly reminding us of where we came from, the only difference is; the neighborhood is just a little bigger.
This year, as we celebrate our 50th year in business, we look back at a few key milestones:
- Double digit increased revenue in the last 5 years
- Top Toshiba and Lanier Dealer nationwide
- Official Office Solutions provider to the Barclays Center and Brooklyn Nets
- New, innovative website focused on providing a superior customer service experience
- Added locations and a new 20,000 sq ft distribution center
- Ongoing sustainability efforts, such as solar panels at our Brooklyn Headquarters
- We utilize all of the hardware, software and solutions we sell to run our growing business
Moving forward, we will continue to carry out the same founding principle we started with five decades ago: a satisfied customer is our most important asset. Thank you for your business and support over the years.